This luxury lakeside lodge situated in the heart of the Cotswolds is the perfect place to relax with friends and family.
When you’re ready, there’s a wide choice of activities. There really is so much going on.
The Country Pursuits
Simply walk out the front door to a path which is for walking or cycling; turn left and you can go to Cirencester, turn right and it leads you all the way to Swindon.
- There are many pubs in the village of South Cerney
- A playground and sports bar at the Lakeside Brasserie
- A local beach where the kids can play and have a BBQ
- Visit picture perfect villages close-by
- Onside tennis,
- Local spa and swimming pools,
- Water sports including sailing,
- Water-skiing and canoeing.
- Local soft play center – Magicland in Cirencester plus the great outdoors!
- Toys and cake making equipments supplied in the lodge,
- Inside the lodge there’s a box full of leaflets of ideas of places to go,
- Excellent restaurants and numerous people to call if you’d prefer to be pampered in the lodge.
On-site and/or free
- 2 x Tennis courts are available for you.
- Take a walk… along the track behind the house. Without even going on a road (or just for 1 sec) you can go to: the lakeside bar and restaurant, a natural playground. Longer recommended walks include to the gorgeous little village of Cricklade or to the boutiques and brasseries of Cirencester.
- There are many local and friendly pubs to walk to
- Ride your bikes along country tracks to Cirencester (route 45 using the national network).
- Fishing – there are nets in the lodge for you and many cray-fish in the lakes. My 5 year old can catch one, so you have a good chance! You can eat them too (with specific preparation which you will need to check).
- Go to the natural playground by the lakeside bar – it has a wooden castle and large green play area. Grab a coffee from the brassiere. Lovely.
- Visit a Cotswold village – some of the most beautiful in the UK
- Shopping – Go to the array of designer boutiques and antique shops in Tetbury or Cirecnster, Cheltenham or the local Designer Outlet Centre
- Visit the vintage tea rooms within Butts Farm. Delicious fresh food.
Small fee local activities
- A gymnasium (5 mins walk – situated above the Lake Brasserie restaurant £7.50 per visit)
- For a luxurious spa visit go to the 6 senses spa at the four pillars hotel (kids can go swimming in the afternoons). Purhcase day passes from Carly at a 50% discount rate, which is £12.50 pp.
- Cotswold Leisure Centre in Cirencester – this has many activities in the school holidays for example roller skating and crafts as well as exercise classes and a great gym and pool (see current class timetable attached) (£3 swim to £6 classes etc)
- Go to the Cotswold Country Park where there is a brilliant beach, playgrounds, Cafe and boat rental (free – discuss with Carly).
- Golf at South Cerney
- Swimming in the open-air pool in Cirencester or at Oasis in Swindon £5 pp.
- Sailing (at the top of the road of The Lodge) South Cerney Sailing Club
- Softplay centre – magicland in Cirencester approx £4 per child
- Shaw Ridge complex in Swindon with cinema, laser quest, ten pin bowling, restaurants and a DeVere Hotel is
- Butts farm with a variety of farm animals. The kids loved grooming the ponies sessions and feeding the rare pigs. It also has a gorgeous vintage tea room attached to it – the food is from the farm itself and is lovely and fresh.
- Water sports: Kayaking, wind-surfing, water-skiing, cable skiing plus sailing courses all available at the many lakes in the area (if you have your own boat/kayak etc just go directly from the jetty for free)
- The brilliant brewery arts complex in the centre of Cirencester has lots of classes and courses from craft to dress making, stiching and print making, pottery to water colours… literally everything to do with art and design all under one roof. There are also a couple of shops where they sell arty products and clothes. It is a gorgeous place to wonder around or put the kids in for a holiday course.